Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!

Well, We all made it through yet another hard day! Sunday March 22nd was my Dad's 50th birthday. I think by the grace of God, we all made it through, and was even able to have a Chinese Dinner (something he really enjoyed) as a family. We lit his Candle that we got at the funeral, and hung out at home and had a relaxing day. This is something so new to me, i never really know what to expect or how to handle things as they come up, but some way, things get handled and mostly more smooth than i would have thought. I am finding that I miss my Dad at random times, for instance, I missed him so much the week i was having a lot of trouble with my ex/boyfriend, the week prior to his birthday- but on his birthday i did much better then i was expecting. Whenever i am having a bad day, I'm usually not the only one who is having a bad day/week. I think those are the day's he's closest to us. I'm sad to say that going through this has changed me and I don't think all for the good, but in the mean time i also lost a close friend. The pain i was going through was to hard for her to see, so she will no longer contact me or have much of anything to do with me. Although it hurts, i have to know that this is my new life and i have to move on. In the end, I am learning so much more about myself, family and friends then i ever knew!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH ALL MY LOVE!

1 comment:

Tana said...

Not a truly close friend. She would've hung in there for the tough times if she were. True friends are those who are there when you need them not when it's "convenient" for them. We love you, Amy, and will never leave your side. FAMILY FIRST! :)