Well this past week I for the first time in my life got the Flu. I have always thought that having the flu consisted of some throwing up, a little diarrhea, body ache's and pains for 24 hours, everything is over and done with and life moves on! That is SO not the flu!!
In years past i have never received the flu shot cause i always thought, i can handle a little stomach bug i don't need a shot. Well after this week, i will most likely get the flu shot every year! It started Sunday night where i was a little light headed, dizzy, felt like i got hit by a truck sore. So i just took it easy and went to bed early thinking i would wake up and feel fine. Monday morning at 4:00am i woke with i thought was a little head cold and body aches and pain. After about 2 hours of just laying on the couch cause i couldn't sleep, i decided for fun that i would take my temperature. I figured i could still go to work if don't have a temperature. At 6:30am i am yelling at my mom to find out if our thermometers are accurate cause I had a temp of 99.6. Which isn't much but for me who is usually at 96.8-97.2 and can't remember the last time i had a temp. So i figured i would not go to work and for the first time in 4 1/2 years, called in sick.
By Monday at about 11:00 am, i thought I had been hit and drug by a bus! I started feeling so horrible! Tuesday I have a temp of 101.6 so i stayed home again. By about 12:30 Tuesday, I was pretty sure I was hit and drug by a train, my jaw was becoming detached from my face, i didn't have enough energy to sit up, i could barely breath and i thought my life was going to end. I was pretty sure i was going to die!!! I have NEVER felt so horrible in my life!! My mom calls from work and i told her i didn't think i was going to live...(which made her a little nervous) so she came home. My Asthma was pretty bad so i went to the DR to get a new inhaler. My chest was so tight i could not cough, so when i did it hurt so bad and would almost throw up! I got tested at the Dr and sure enough it was the flu virus (which by the way that was not a fun test). I have never felt so drained and sick in my life! I finally made it back to work Thursday for only 6 hours before i had to resume position on my couch again! Man what an expierence! I will now reccomend everyone gets the flu shot from now on!! In the mean time, i hope no one i know gets this crap!! Oh what a week- at least tomorrow is Friday and our office is closed! So I'm happy to say i worked 6 hours this week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment