Some of you may already know, but my mom and I started something new this year we have never done before! WE joined the Tri-City Outrigging Canoe Club. My boss was telling me about it and it sounded like fun so we decided to go try it out for fun, and decided we both really like it and became members today (which just means you have to pay money). It goes from April to October and its 3 times a week. Today was my third practice and i think I'm going to die! Thursday we paddled a little over 4 miles, and today was just under 4 miles. Our practices are Monday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at 8:45!! For those of you who know me well, know that I am NOT a morning person at all, but i decided what a better way to start your day than being out on the beautiful Columbia River. It sucked, it was kind of cold, and way to early in the morning, not to mention the hard work, but for some reason i am enjoying it so much i can't wait for the next practice. They are 6 person Canoes with an outrigger on the side so you do not flip (well at least not in the Columbia. There race in the George is a different story.) My mom and i decided at this point not to do any races, so we can just work on getting the technique down, but we may join to do some races latter on in the year depending on how it goes. Who would have thought that canoeing will use every muscle in your body! It is a great group of people to go out with and i have a blast every time. What a great way to get into shape and to be on the river when its so sunny and beautiful, and its cheaper than joining a gym :) If anyone in the TC is interested come check it out!
On a happy note: I am leaving Thursday to see my best friend and we are going t o PALM SPRINGS where i can relax and just let my muscles rest. Will post pictures when i get home :)
1 comment:
I'm waiting for a picture of you guys on the water...I want proof of your excursions!
Post a Comment