Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Love You!

I was hanging out with my nephew today... as I love to on all my weekends, and it amazes me what you can learn from a 2 year old. I said something to him that i say EVERY time I talk to him or see him and today was the first day it dawned on me that what he was saying was something we should all say. I gave him a big hug and kiss today and said "I love you" and he looked at me and replied "Thank You". I stop and thought about it for a second and realized that when you say "I love you" the most common response is "I love you too". But I think "Thank You" is even a better answer. I think we need to Thank the person who loves us, for loving us. We say thank you to people all day long for many different reasons, but when was the last time you said "Thank You" to the person who said "I love you". So I think the next time I hear someone say "I love you", I think my new response will be "Thank you, and I love you too". Wow- 2 year olds are amazing!

Now one to the rest of our day. I decided to get my sprinkler in my yard running and Ethan was so happy to help me :)

Ethan playing in the sprinklers. The small one to the left is a waterfall sprinkler and he loved it!

He also LOVED the regular sprinklers!
Thank God mom and dad didn't see him :) He was so wet, he stuck his entire face in the sprinkler and soaked himself! What a fun day we had together :) Thankfully it was a nice day and he was able to dry off before i took him home.

No comments: