Monday, September 04, 2006

The joys of owning a house!

WOW! Finely I get to sit down and relax........ Its Monday night at 8 and just looking around my own house and yard thinking about how damn hard it is to take care of it by myself!! It still has not fully set in that I have my OWN house and I can do whatever I want with it- but also come a yard!! So I called my mom this morning (after taking Tylenol and a lot of water to help cure a hangover) and asked her to come help pull some weeds in my back yard. I have a 3 foot strip all along my back fence that has just been taken over by weeds cause its just dirt, not grass. So I pulled up all the weeds and put down weed block to help control it a little more when I run out...... So off to Fred Meyer I go to get another roll so I can finish the project when on my way, I pass right by Beaver Bark........ SOOOOOO, I take a turn and go check out some prices for rock because I was thinking about how nice it would be to put rock in the back to match the rock around the rest of my house. I figure out how much I'm going to need and find the perfect rock- so I call my dad and tell him to come to beaver bark and pick up 1 1/2 yards of rock!!! So at 12:30 this afternoon its at 90 degrees outside and we are putting rock in my yard! It looks so nice!!! I'm so happy its done but now I need a back rub....And a beer!! So, Thanks to mom for helping me pull weeds :)

No, really, with out all my parents help, I don't know what I would do- cause there is no way I can take care of a house and yard by myself! So THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

SoCalSingleMama said...

Thanks for reminding me why it is ok that I am still renting. :-) I can't wait to see your place, though!!!