Thursday, February 23, 2012

New found love

While in McCall this week, the very last day we were supposed to go riding, and it was snowing so hard that we decided to stay in.  My Mother-in-law and I had stumbled upon a store that had incredible art work inside.. We started talking to them and found we were able to pay by the hour/day and do all the crafts we wanted... so we learned how to do Mosaic! WE LOVED IT!!!  I had no idea how fun it could be, and the possibilities are endless... we were gone all day...I can't say the husbands were very happy about it...and they defiantly aren't happy now that we have picked it up as a project... but we are having so much fun with it!   This is my very first Mosaic art piece I made.  Its a Lazy Susan and its the cat from the Artic Cat Brand (our snowmobile brand).  



                                                       The Cat Logo




                                  My Cat Lazy Susan...   Now its not grouted yet... still have to finish it, but this is the first stage completed!    I will continue to post more pictures as I complete projects... and yes i have already started my second project... :)   you can't tell in the photo, but in his mouth is a mirror... as well as around the boarder its alternating black and mirror..   Pretty fun! The husband is ok with the first couple projects, because they are for him :)  


No comments: