Tonight was the best night I have had in a long time! I love Christmas and everything it stands for, so I asked Liz to go look at Christmas lights with me. So she got her wine, (yes I was driving so I stuck with hot coco) and off we went. We started in Pasco where they were having a light project. It was 49 blocks that featured 28,000 bags with candles in each one lineing the streets and sidewalks of the homes!! It was so incredible as your driving down the road (everyone with there lights off of course) and all you see were bags and bags and bags up and down all 49 blocks! The homes were decorated so nice with lots of lights and yard fixtures, people having bon fires in their driveways, dressing up as Santa and yelling "Merry Christmas" to all the passing cars! There were limousines, people walking around the neighborhood and the horse and buggy that you could ride around in. It was so nice to see a development all come together to create this memory for my friend and I and so many other people in the Tri-cities. Each house had to pay $9.00 to get involved but it was so worth it. That in itself makes me want to move to that neighborhood! Thanks to everyone involved to make it a wonderfully powerful evening.
After that beautiful adventure- we headed into Kennewick (just across the river) and went to two homes. They have there lights programmed to a Christmas Music Station so you can sit in your car, listen to Christmas music and watch an amazing light show on the house and in there yard that corresponds to the song on the radio. One home we went to had 40,000 lights in his display. Another home we went to did the same thing, but had a Polar Express theme with thousands of lights and yard fixtures including trains,Santas, and the talking Rudolph reindeer named Marty. They started working on these projects a couple years ago and each week are continuing to add new songs to their light show. They are also using there light show for a opportunity to help raise money for Royal Family Kids Camp, and the other is a drop site for Toys for Tots. If anyone is interested, you can check out there web pages at, www.lights4christ.com or www.loghtanimators.com
If anyone living in the Tri-Cities has a chance, I would highly recommend checking out these homes! They are playing every night until 9:30 on weekdays, and 10:30 weekends.
Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment