Over the past month I have been trying new churches around the area in hopes of finding one that I can relate with and attend on Sundays. This morning I think I might have found the one.... Its called Faith Assembly and is in Pasco about 5 blocks from my house. Today's message really touched me and thought I would share it with you as you all begin to meet up with friends and family and are about to start your traveling...
"What do you WANT from Christmas" was the topic of today's sermon. Hoping that someone has asked you that this year means that you have someone who cares about you enough to want to know you WANT. It means you have friends, family, boyfriend/girlfriend, or maybe a stranger wanting to know what you wish for on Christmas. People tend to get a little greedy during Christmas (me included) that we ask for big things such as expensive perfumes, cloths from famous stores, computers, all the new electronics that come out, your 300th pair of shoes or purse. And when it comes to Christmas morning you open your gifts to find some thing you want, but also find socks, underwear, toothbrushes, stuff you need to live your daily life. We all wish that we could get the daily life stuff all the other times of year and only want the big stuff for Christmas. Well today's message was instead of asking what you WANT for Christmas, Try asking "What do you NEED for Christmas". I started thinking about this and decided to make a list of each, what I Want, and what I Need!
What I WANT:
*money *perfume *computer *cloths *digital camera * a roommate *BBQ *a TV *gift cards to anywhere *some movies and CD's * CD player *new window for my car *new pots and pans... The list could go on and on
What I NEED:
*my family *my friends *faith *God *holiday spirit
I have come to realize that there is a huge difference from what I want and need and this Christmas while I'm opening gift I will be receiving great items of all sorts while being surrounded by what I need- MY FAMILY and God!
I encourage everyone to make a list of wants and needs and see how different your two list comes out.
As everyone begins there traveling- please be safe and have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends! God Bless!
1 comment:
Hey Amy!
I thought about the two different lists - wants and needs - and realized that everything I *need*, I already have! Now that puts me in the holiday spirit.
On the want list....well, I wish I could have all my friends in family in ONE place this year so we could all celebrate Christmas together!
Post a Comment