Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Brestfeeding

Well one of the things I have noticed within the past couple weeks of telling people I'm pregnant, the first thing that comes out of there mouths is "oh are you going to breastfeed?". I was raised thinking that was a personal question and a personal decision. I would expect that type of a question for family and close friends.... but everyone who has asked me has been a "stranger" in my terms..(usually a patient at work). I'm a little shocked that someone who doesn't know me, seems to be perfectly fine with asking me.   As a side note- I do plan to use breast milk, but since I will be returning back to work within 2 months, I will have to get the baby used to taking a bottle, therefore will bottle feed and breast feed, with the hope there is no nipple confusion.   Every baby is different and what works with one may not work with another- so along with being a personal decision, it will also be based on how mom and baby both react to it and that could be something different then I was considering in the first place :)      I guess any question is fair games this day. :)

1 comment:

Elise said...

Maia was fine going back and forth from breastfeeding to bottle. JD started on a bottle for the first week b/c he was in the NICU and so always wanted the bottle.....I think having Maia breastfeed and bottlefeed at first made her a pro at both.

They were always half formula too and they turned out fine. :-) Whatever you do will be fine.....I think the biggest benefit of breastfeeding is helping the baby build immunities but formula today is so much better than it was when we were kids!