Sunday, November 12, 2006

The best day!

For me and my friends birthday (which is in two weeks) we decided to just spend the day hanging out instead of buying each other crap we don't really need. So we started off the day at a nice little coffee stand getting our normal Mocha's and then of to Reflections where we enjoyed an hour of wonderful foot rubbin pedicures! They had the big comfy black chairs with the massage, and the hole ten yards. So after having pretty feet, we went back to my house where we enjoyed the last two pieces of chocolate cake I got from work for my birthday on Thursday and had some wine. Wine at 12:30 is not against the law (especially if your having cake!). A friend who is in massage school came over and we each got to enjoy a nice hour long full body massage. I think EVERYONE needs to treat themselves to these more often! I felt so good after that I didn't want to even move off the table.... But I managed to pull my self up and get dressed up a little (meaning I curled my hair and put on some makeup, with cute sandals to show off my cute toes) and went to a new restaurant in town call Bonefish Grill! WOW~ What a wonderful dinner that was! We each got a martini which for me was called a hypnotic martini that had a blue glow stick in it (and yes I brought it home with me) and my friend enjoyed a raspberry Martini, although she enjoyed mine much more :). We got some Salmon and halibut and shared half and half with each other to enjoy a few more things on the menu, along with potatoes with 5 different types of cheese, fresh corn cut right off the Cobb with bacon and butter, and fabulous bread with oil dipping sauce!! What a great dinner, thankfully I can enjoy it all over again tomorrow when I heat up my leftovers :).

From there we decided to go shopping at Victoria's Secret, which we did not buy anything although we were tempted. We had to walk off some of our dinner and what better place than the mall being its 30 degrees outside with a nasty wind! From there we decided we better keep drinking so we went into a local bar and had a drink to just relax (some more) and look back on our wonderful day we just spent together. What more can two friends really want :)

From there out time together was over as she had to return to being a mom and wife, but thankfully since I live by myself, I decided I was not done spoiling my self yet so I put on a nice radio station with romantic love songs, poured myself another glass of wine, and soaked in a nice hot bubble bath for a while! At this point, I think I can be done for at least another month..... But next month I might just have to do this again!

Anyway, thanks to Liz for spending our birthdays together today (which in case you were wondering we did sing "happy birthday to us" several times through out the day!) and just enjoying each others company. After 8 years of friendship, sometimes that's all that's needed to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy

I hope you had a truely happy birthday! I thought about sending you a card but did not have your address and somehow the weekend got away from me to call you.

But please know I was thinking about you!

SoCalSingleMama said...

It was so fun to hear about your day - I wish I had been there but I'm glad you had fun!!! :-)

One year and counting until you are a quarter of a century.....